December has always been my favorite month of the year: I get to enjoy the double whammy of both my birthday AND Christmas. Double the presents, double the fun. I’ve never been let down.
This year was no exception. We went back to New York for a wedding and the city was already decked out in its holiday splendor: Christmas tree vendors on every corner, sparkling lights on every store and lots of sales at the stores. And now that we’re back home, I get to enjoy le noel parisien. The Christmas music starts now and the tree goes up this weekend. Vive le noel!
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is baking yummy treats. Each year I make a few tried-and-true recipes, but also like to discover new ones. Below are some of each. Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie recipe? Please share!
- I’ve been looking forward to making these gingerbread cookie dough truffles for a year– I discovered the recipe just after last Christmas.
- While browsing through my newest cookbook, The Smitten Kitchen, I saw these brownie roll0out cookies. They will definitely be on the treats table at our Christmas party.
- If I had a food processor, I’d definitely be making these tasty-looking linzer cookies.
- I smuggled back a gingerbread man cookie cutter on my most recent trip, so will try either this or this classic gingerbread cookie recipe.
- Speaking of gingerbread, how good do these gingerbread biscotti look?!
- A tried-and-true: Chocolate and Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies. (Though I may try a chocolate and chestnut version this year).
- Paula Deen’s Snowflake Cookies. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
- And lastly, since I’m in Paris, Pierre Hermé’s Leckerli cookies, made from his father’s traditional Alsatian recipe.